WHAT IS CUB SCOUTS ALL ABOUT?
The Cub Scout program emphasizes caring, nurturing relationships between a child and their parents, adult leaders and friends. Cub Scouts is about having “Fun with a Purpose.”
These are the ten purposes of Cub Scouts followed by the methods we use to implement these purposes. All Den, Pack, District and Council activities incorporate at least two of these purposes.
- To influence the development of Good Character.
- To encourage Spiritual Growth.
- To help youth develop habits and attitudes of Good Citizenship.
- To encourage Good Sportsmanship and Fitness in growing strong in mind and body.
- To improve Family Understanding.
- Support Respectful Relationships by strengthening the ability of children to get along with others and respect other people.
- To foster a sense of Personal Achievement by helping youth develop new interests and skills
- To show youth how to be helpful through Friendly Service and to always do one’s best.
- To provide Fun and Adventure introducing them to new and exciting things to do.
- To Prepare Them for Scouts BSA.
We implement the purposes of Cub Scouts via:
- Home and Neighborhood-centered Activities
- Parental and Family Involvement
- The Advancement Plan
- The Den
- The Ideals of Cub Scouting
- The Uniform